Per Diem Information
CATA-CAAD Athletic Trainer Clearinghouse Procedures
Background & Rationale
The Connecticut Athletic Trainers' Association (CATA) and its officers have been consistently approached by external entities seeking referral to licensed Athletic Trainers (ATs) for per diem work. The Connecticut Association of Athletic Directors (CAAD) approached the CATA about collaborative effort to provide a resource for Secondary School Athletic Directors seeking to identify and hire licensed Athletic Trainers for per diem athletic training services. The CATA has agreed to this collaboration for the following reasons:
Must be a current NATA/CATA member
1. The CATA will publicize the clearinghouse among its members and ask members to sign up for the clearinghouse if they are interested. Only members who opt in will be added to the clearinghouse database. Member sign up for this service will be ongoing.
1. CAAD will distribute the clearinghouse database of ATs who are available for hire for per diem opportunities to Athletic Directors.
1. The Athletic Director is responsible for contacting potential Athletic Trainers for employment. The Athletic Director agrees to negotiate a per diem rate directly with the AT.
1. The Athletic Trainer is responsible for maintaining adequate personal professional liability insurance.
1. CATA and CAAD will review and update clearinghouse procedure on a regular basis.