CATA Call for Student Poster Presentations
Reports on experimental research, injury surveys, case studies, and/or other research projects that are pertinent to the practice of athletic training are welcomed from undergraduate and graduate students. Literature reviews will not be accepted.
Submit presentations according to the following directions:
1. The presentations should follow the structured format utilized by the Journal of Athletic Training for manuscript articles (see item #14 in teh JAT Authors' Guide). Components of a structured abstract differ by the type of presentation but should include:
Original Research Articles: Objective, Design and Settings, Subjects, Measurements, Results, Conclusions, and Key Words
Additional formating guidelines can be found by accessing the NATA Research and Education Foundation website
2. The presentation must be limited to 400 words (Original Research)/600 words (Case Report & Clinical Techniques) must be typed, single-spaced, on 1-2 pages and have 1" margins on all sides. Type the title of presentation in all CAPITAL letters starting at the top left margin.
3. All Connecticut and Western Massachusetts Athletic Training Education Programs are asked to encourage undergraduate athletic training students to submit an individual or group (2 students maximum) poster presentation. If certified athletic trainers/physicians or other professionals assisted with this presentation the undergraduate student/s must be the primary and secondary author/s. Each Program Director is asked to limit student submissions to a maximum of 3 presentations per grouping (3 undergraduate & 3 graduate) per institution.
4. Presentations from course work completed the previous spring are allowed; this includes abstracts/presentations that were previously presentated at other conferences.
5. Program Directors should submit selected presentations as attachments in one email. This email should include the Program Director's contact information and the students' full name, year of graduation and presentation title. Submissions are due prior to 5:00pm, April 15.
6. Program Directors will be notified between May 12-15 of accepted presentations and directions for poster printing.
7. Any presentation submitted to the Connecticut Athletic Trainers Association (CATA) Annual Meeting is also eligible for submission to the Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association (EATA) Annual Meeting Symposium and the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA) Annual Symposium.